[FoRK] lazy QR code

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 14:30:12 PDT 2012

That's far less of a kludge than my AP name approach, and it's
arguably a more secure way of validating that the URL is really
related to the place you are in. OTOH, the 20 CM range of NFC is so
short that you'd have to put your phone right up to a marker.

You couldn't just open your phone and see a short list of URLs that
you're likely to want to visit right then and there.

Usecase: you're standing outside a store which is closed and want to
learn more about it. Ordinarily you would see a domain written on a
sticker in the window, open mobile browser, type domain in, visit
site. New approach is to open phone, launch dedicated app, see a list
of likely pages for this location, open one.