[FoRK] lazy QR code

Bill Humphries whump at mac.com
Mon Jun 18 23:36:18 PDT 2012

On Jun 18, 2012, at 2:30 PM, Lucas Gonze wrote:

> Usecase: you're standing outside a store which is closed and want to
> learn more about it. Ordinarily you would see a domain written on a
> sticker in the window, open mobile browser, type domain in, visit
> site. New approach is to open phone, launch dedicated app, see a list
> of likely pages for this location, open one.

I'd rather that be a system-level service, rather than an app, or a service that advertises services to an app.

Though all of the approaches run the risk of browser based attacks (I take down your NFC or QR decal and put one with links to sideload malware onto your phone.)

The one where I have to register the links to a geofenced area might be the least risky, as long as there was some good checks on who is loading the links for the geofenced location.

-- whump