[FoRK] That’s No Phone. That’s My Tracker.

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 10:34:08 PDT 2012

I used a prepaid cash phone for a couple years to try to preserve
privacy. But eventually I needed to use a credit card to pay for my
chip just once and then everything I had ever done with cash became
linkable.

Not that there was ever much of a point to this - your calling pattern
surely reveals who you are, and using a prepaid cash SIM probably
flags your account.

Thus ended my futile experiment in privacy. I am happier now that I
have given in.