[FoRK] 12 new universities join Coursera!

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Jul 18 02:06:27 PDT 2012

http://blog.coursera.org/post/27394575240/12-new-universities-join-coursera

12 new universities join Coursera!

We are THRILLED to announce that 12 universities—including three
international institutions—will be joining Princeton University, Stanford
University, University of Michigan, and University of Pennsylvania in
offering classes on Coursera.

On Coursera, you will now be able to access world-class courses from:

California Institute of Technology

Duke University

École Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne

Georgia Institute of Technology

Johns Hopkins University

Princeton University

Rice University

Stanford University

University of California, San Francisco

University of Edinburgh

University of Michigan

University of Pennsylvania

University of Toronto

University of Virginia

University of Washington

You’ll be able to choose from more than 100 courses, from Professor Dan
Ariely’s course on irrational behavior, to learning how to program in Scala
(taught from the creator of Scala, Professor Martin Odersky from EPFL), to
the legendary UVA course “How Things Work” with Professor Louis Bloomfield.
You can check out the most current course list here — keep in mind you can
enroll in a class even if the start date is TBA.

To date, 700,000 students from 190 countries have participated in classes on
Coursera, with more than 1.55 million course enrollments total!

To everyone who has taken a class on Coursera, or who has recommended us to
your friends and family — thank you! Education is starting to look very
different, and we’re excited and humbled to be part of it.