[FoRK] Fwd: Microsoft Posts First Quarterly Loss Ever [lost decades]

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Jul 19 23:32:07 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 04:55:10PM -0700, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:
> Holy crap.

I did not expect this so soon, either. It's probably just a
temporary blip. The long, slow hemorrhaging out is yet to come.

> Windows and Office should be rainmakers for the rest of our lives.   If

PC sales are pretty awful, and Windows 8 promises to become
a dud. Can it be that the chair-throwing monkey's days are
drawing to a close?

> they can't make money on that, what the hell are they doing?

Sitting paralyzed in a cobwebbed wheelchair in the corner?