[FoRK] E-Learning 2.0: Dense and entertaining

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 12:38:19 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Stephen Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
> Good points. I agree. Even for more traditionally feeling e-learning, there
> are certain must-have features that many still don't get: Variable speed
> playback (1.5x is my favorite), many short segments, easily replayable,
> frequent quizzes to make sure you understood the short segment, closely
> linked forum / knowledgebase, etc.

I have been going thru some of the elearning offerings. most of em get
a point or two right but few that I have hit on get it mostly right.
Khan Academy is a stunningly great example of doing it right, for the
math section at least. I have also stared toying with doing the
repetitive study group vector using google hangouts.

-tom(not as thought as I smart I was)higgins