[FoRK] "computers instead of hands"

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at jarbox.org
Sat Jul 21 22:10:31 PDT 2012

On Jul 21, 2012, at 8:51 PM, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:
> what do we do when everything is automated and no one needs human labor any more?
>
> not even intellectual labor?
>
> do we all starve because we are worth-less?

No, we probably won't starve. The capital cost of keeping us fed will be nominal at that point.

The bigger question is what will people do when they are no longer capable of generating meaningful value. That will happen sooner, and lacks nice answers. Monkeys love their status games.

--
J. Andrew Rogers
Twitter: @jandrewrogers