[FoRK] "computers instead of hands"

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Sun Jul 22 08:32:29 PDT 2012

People already give up freedom for security (insert overused Benjamin
Franklin quote here).  What's the player piano tradeoff?  They give up
autonomy for income?  If you give up a small amount of autonomy for a
small amount of security through income, are you really better off dead?
  I've known friends who have told me at different points in their
lives:  if I ever get married (or to someone like that) shoot me, if I
ever have kids shoot me, if I ever gain 30 pounds shoot me... ;-)

Greg