[FoRK] "computers instead of hands"

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Sun Jul 22 19:13:25 PDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 08:26:18AM -0700, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:
> ...and wrt ted rall, there's two types of people in the world.
> Employees and entrepreneurs.   They view work very differently.
> He's talking about a sub-class of employees which is un-incentivized
> wage earners, possibly hourly or capitalized as hourly.

I've noticed that Mr. Romney's speeches have been appealing to aspirational
entrepreneurs lately.  I'm glad people look up to entrepreneurs enough that
they'd like to think they share their concerns.

> Entrepreneurs are typically workaholics, not because they need a job
> or need money--it's because they love it and relish the thought of
> trying to change the world, with something they invented, for the
> better.

Well said.  Sounds like the hipster artisans we buy from (when we can
afford it) and the back-to-the-landers my wife sells to.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/13/opinion/sunday/the-entrepreneurial-generation.html
Buncha damnlibrul volvo-driving snots, ahtellya.

Note also the growth of indie game development.  The gaming netcode world
is now working out how to support thousands of individual devs, in addition
to the big studios.

Interesting times,
  Aaron