[FoRK] Fwd: Rand Paul: Obama Just Banned 1 Million Firearms

Damien Morton dmorton at bitfurnace.com
Mon Aug 6 08:31:30 PDT 2012

You're right, an observation doesn't lead to advocacy.

And yet..

If I take your meaning correctly about "its the threat [of armed
resistance] that keeps it [power?] in check", it doesn't make sense
that this should apply to federal or national-level government alone.

What if local government is the nascent authoritarian government?

As for keeping police brutality in check when dealing with "unlawful"
assemblies (the constitution itself provides no provision for
assemblies being unlawful, any more than it provides for certain kinds
of arms being unlawful), surely you must agree that the threat of
armed resistance is equally applicable in the small as it is in the
large.

Would you agree that a quiet and peaceful and armed assembly will be
treated far more respectfully than an unarmed one. Yes? No?