[FoRK] Fwd: Rand Paul: Obama Just Banned 1 Million Firearms

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Mon Aug 6 08:35:00 PDT 2012

On 8/6/2012 8:07 AM, mdw at martinwills.com wrote:
> Why is everyone so determined to throw away a guaranteed right?  Millions
> of American's alive and dead sacrificed themselves in order to defend and
> protect the Constitution of the U.S. (myself included). Only those people
> who have put themselves in harms way to protect the Constitution should be
> allowed to change it (enough said on my view).

I think Heinlein agrees with you. :-)

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have
to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

> When people who are
> totally lacking in common sense and paint broad brushstrokes on gun
> ownership are the morons that really need to be weaned from the gene pool.

He might differ a little from you here.

A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill.
Robert A. Heinlein

> The basis for the 2nd amendment is found in our own history.  We overthrew
> an oppressive government to be free.  The only way that was accomplished,
> was everyone that fought against the British had their own guns.  Without
> them, we would still be a British commonwealth country.

On a completely different subject, I love this quote from A Fish Called
Wanda.

Otto: Don't call me stupid.
Wendy: Why on earth not?
Otto: Oh, you English are *so* superior, aren't you? Well, would you
like to know what you'd be without us, the good ol' U.S. of A. to
protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian
Empire, that's what! So don't call me stupid, lady. Just thank me.
Wendy: Well, *thank* you for popping in and protecting us.
Otto: If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking *German!* Singing
"Deutschland, Deutschland über alles..."

>  "History doesn't repeat,  but it is
> good at lip-syncing".

Any I like this one too...it's going in my quote file.

Greg

p.s. I'm still getting over that there's another OC-ite on the list!