[FoRK] Fwd: Rand Paul: Obama Just Banned 1 Million Firearms

Damien Morton dmorton at bitfurnace.com
Mon Aug 6 09:20:02 PDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Joseph S. Barrera III <j3 at barrera.org> wrote:
> On 8/6/2012 8:31 AM, Damien Morton wrote:
>
>> Would you agree that a quiet and peaceful and armed assembly will be
>> treated far more respectfully than an unarmed one. Yes? No?
>
> What is the POINT of this strawman-sillyism?

The point is to elicit and clarify my honourable opponents moral position.

In this case, he is in agreement with a position that peaceful but
armed political rallys will suffer less excessive force from police
than unarmed political rallys.

I tend to agree. Consider, e.g. the situation here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZV3iyMz470

If the cops knew everyone was armed, the situation would have been a
peaceful and respectful as a septuagenarian Tea Party Rally.

Here in the Dominican Republic, the tradition of the armed political
rally is a strong one. When you see a two groups of people holding
different coloured flags around election time, you get the hell out of
there.