[FoRK] forkball

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Tue Aug 7 09:55:03 PDT 2012

I never respond to anyone in a persistent public forum without first
doing some due diligence on google.

That includes googling the posters involved, reading the citations,
following all links, comparing text and finding alternate sources, but
most of all, listening and understanding the point they are trying to
make in the context of where and how they are trying to make it, i.e.
trying to put myself in their shoes.   I always give people the benefit
of the doubt that they are generating unique content and not just
parroting some article or opinion they like.  Oh, and then I try to add
some humor, either immediately or in some deferred gratification seed
that can come back in an unexpected way.

There's nothing wrong with having the google cloud translate.  In fact,
I think it's pretty irresponsible not to do so.

According to Rohit (and Adam), FoRK is performance art therapy.

It's an experiment in open forums that we'll draw some grand conclusion
about after years of watching the cabbage of unrefined posts.  To me,
it's just a game we play on an open forum for clever one-upmanship.

Some archeologist is going to get an awesome PhD a couple hundred years
from now.

Greg