[FoRK] forkball

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Tue Aug 7 17:10:19 PDT 2012

On 8/7/12 4:27 PM, Noon Silk wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 3:34 AM, Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
>> Hah!  Just try to look up "Stephen Williams" (I'm in just about every town
>> of any significant population)  or even "Stephen D. Williams" (all large
>> cities) or even "Stephen Douglas Williams" (not even close to unique,
>> probably not even available as a stage name).  Not to mention wondering what
>> my grandparents thought of "Stephen Douglas".  Adam has it easy.
>>
>> More unique as a moniker than my full name: sdw
> For a long time I had you and smb confused a little bit in my head.
> But I can confirm that I have used "sdw" to disambiguate you from
> others. Have to say, my favourite three-letter direct mapping is djb,
> though.

;-)
On the bright side, there are very many opportunities to easily assume an identity, hiding in plain site.

I am still gathering candidate pen names to solve this problem... How about:

Noam D. Plum?

Rats:
http://www.percontra.net/issues/24/light-verse/heroes-dont-send-postcards/
http://www.thehypertexts.com/Noam%20D.%20Plum%20Poet%20Poetry%20Picture%20Bio.htm
http://readwritelibrary.org/category/contributors/noam-d-plum
The Foundation for Light Verse <http://readwritelibrary.org/category/publisher/foundation-light-verse>Inc.
<http://readwritelibrary.org/taxonomy/term/659>

>> My father named all of his children with the same initials.  My little
>> brother continued the tradition.  That's 8 of us with the initials sdw.
>>
>> sdw

ndp