[FoRK] occupy - deliberative democracy

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 12:18:15 PDT 2012

What about fraud in rigging the polling questions? What are the
protections against attackers affecting the language used?

I went to a "ballot question" party once. Each attendee had to study
one of the ballot questions and give a short presentation on what it
meant. There is then a discussion about the details. The goal isn't to
advocate but to understand. 5-10 minutes per question. But the
conversation gets very substantive.

This was a danah boyd project. Great idea for the health of a
democracy, and fun.