[FoRK] Newsroom score: American Taliban

Gary Stock gstock at nexcerpt.com
Wed Aug 29 08:56:06 PDT 2012

How much more plain must I make this for you?

I don't read any GOP conspiracy into this.  And, I certainly don't feel
threatened by an opinion.  I feel threatened by an intent to deceive,
and ongoing attempts to grant such deception total control over our
society and government.

When you make a statement as multiply absurd as this:

| I think there's a endemic concern for voter fraud.

...you reveal yourself as uninformed (about ~actual~ voter fraud).  Or,
if you ~are~ informed, then deceptive (about what ~you~ truly "think").
Or, some despicable and selective melange of both failures, exploiting a
self-imposed "concern" manufactured and fertilized to provide plausible
denial to a range of liars in the GOP.

Only uninformed people would accept such a claim about voter fraud.

Among informed people, only GOP lackeys would defend the notion that you
~do~ think what you ~claim~ to "think."  (And even then, they don't
~believe~ you think it; they simply realize "Oh, I gotta defend Greg's
assertion as valid, because it's conservative dogma and we need it to
beat the [name hated social entity here].")

Either alternative is deeply disturbing.  And both are beneath you.

That policy -- of lying flat out, without regard for facts -- is now
being publicly acknowledged by GOP operatives.  Is there no shame?  Have
YOU no shame?

Fuck, man.  It doesn't matter which side does that shit.  People are fed
UP with it.  Leave that shit to professional liars.  Please fucking STOP
pretending that shit.

GS