[FoRK] Newsroom score: American Taliban

Marty Halvorson marty at halvorson.us
Wed Aug 29 12:56:02 PDT 2012

SDW wrote:
"will a more accurate vote (poll of the enfranchised) be accomplished
with or without the new voter ID laws?"

With voter ID.  As anyone knows, most voters don't have a clue about who
or what they're voting for.  If a voter ID is required those who want to
cast a reasoned vote will get an ID.  Those who don't, won't.

SDW wrote:
"represents a coordinated series of illegal actions deliberately
targeting disenfrancisation."

I seriously doubt that requiring an ID to vote is an illegal act.
Perhaps you could cite some law?

Gary Stock wrote:
"ask for ID in OC -- where dishonest people apparently congregate!"

And New Mexico.  Only here the Secretary of State (being the person in
charge of 'honest' voting) investigated and claimed only two cases of
voter fraud existed.  I personally know more than 3 people who have told
me they voted illegally.