[FoRK] Newsroom score: American Taliban

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Wed Aug 29 13:28:03 PDT 2012

She absolutely, positively had a right to vote.

She also could vote absentee as she's already registered and has an
address of record.

So independent of voter id laws, according to the arguments put forth in
this thread, given the diminutive number of people in her situation,
it's okay to disenfranchise them?

I don't think so.  I think people that are eligible to vote should be
afforded every right to do so.  I think people who vote who aren't
eligible to do so are an affront to everyone who does and should be
weeded out.

Let me ask a different question.  How many innocent people should go to
prison to insure that guilty people pay for their crimes?

Greg