[FoRK] Newsroom score: American Taliban

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 14:07:13 PDT 2012

I think she did vote absentee. That's right.

I think the place where Democrats and Republicans differ on this is
not the principle of whether vote fraud is acceptable. The questions
are about the optimal balance of false positives and false negatives,
and I believe that's where your comments here are going.

One part of this conversation that's worth exploring is the dividing
line where Democrat/Republican reality filters yield different results
and where we see the same things.

The Democrat filter says that voter fraud is insignificant and the
number of legit voters who would be disenfranchised is significant.
The Republican filter yields the opposite reality.

Democrats believe the disenfranched voters would have voted
Democratic. Here's a question for Republican-leaners: do you agree
that the lost votes would have been Democratic,  or do you think there
are no lost votes? (Or is there a third option)?