[FoRK] Newsroom score: American Taliban

Damien Morton dmorton at bitfurnace.com
Thu Aug 30 08:42:51 PDT 2012

So here's a thought about how to reduce the influence of money on politics.

If Voter ID is reasonable, surely Spender ID is also reasonable, in
which people spending money for political purposes need to prove their
own citizenship, but also need to prove that the money they are
spending does not include money from foreign sources.

This would of course rule out donations from most multinational
corporations, and of course from the chamber of commerce.