[FoRK] Newsroom score: American Taliban

Marty Halvorson marty at halvorson.us
Thu Aug 30 22:30:44 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Marty Halvorson <marty at halvorson.us>
wrote:

> If a voter ID is required those who want to cast a
> reasoned vote will get an ID.  Those who don't, won't.

Damien Morton wrote:
"Nice undercurrent of elitism there. Anyone unable to get a Voter ID is
too dumb to vote anyway."

Sorry, you didn't read what I wrote.  To paraphrase myself so perhaps you'll understand: People that don't care about who they vote for, and perhaps don't even vote, won't bother to get a Voter ID, and won't take the time to get informed about the various candidates.  I'll give you an actual example:  My daughter is smart, attractive, has a college degree, married to a member of the United States Army, and doesn't care who wins any election.  She very likely wouldn't get a voter ID if one were required.  Yes, I'm proud of her.

BTW, the above example is as valid as Lucas' example of his mom.  And I applaud his ability and desire to help his mom!