[FoRK] Identity

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Thu Aug 30 22:58:33 PDT 2012

With regard to the finding in the OC voter fraud investigation that in many cases there were multiple people in the same
household with very similar names:

I was talking to a coworker who mentioned that in High School in SoCal, she knew a family with 6 girls, all named Maria
<something> <LastName>.  She also mentioned that in hispanic cultures, it is common for the wife to replace her middle name with
her maiden name while taking the husbands last name.  And the husband takes the wife's maiden name as his new middle name.  Or
sometimes the names are additional which leads to multiple middle names.

Confusing, but not as bad as some Asian countries, Re: Google+ requiring "real" names.

We interviewed an engineer who, when married, had fused elements of both last names to produce a new last name for them both.
Name sex.