[FoRK] recommendations for a Bluetooth headset from someone with a Bluetooth phone or tablet?

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri Aug 31 08:52:24 PDT 2012

Top of the line Plantronics Voyager HD / UC (has a PC USB adapter in
case you don't have BlueTooth) is pretty good.  However, although their
first Voyager model had spectacular noise and environment canceling,
the next several models were just so-so.  Great volume, clarity in both
directions, and battery life and a tough package.  Although they look
big, it is very comfortable and stays firmly in place.

However, I've now switched to a Samsung HM7000.  Tiny, reasonably
comfortable once you get use to it, great sound, good volume,
apparently reasonable noise canceling although some things like paper
crinkle and water come through amplified.  It has a combination case
and battery relay charger (has a battery in it that will charge the
headset back up when docked).

In the past, the Ant products were briefly among the top contenders;
not sure where they are now.  Had no good experience with Jawbone
products.  I have a drawer full of some of these that I haven't lost.

Both of them handle multiple devices at once, which is handy when I'm
carrying two cell phones or using phone vs. computer.

Stephen