[FoRK] LA Traffic - solution?

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri Aug 31 14:31:38 PDT 2012

On 8/31/12 1:43 PM, Bill Kearney wrote:
>> Something else they have in common is a healthy local economy within a
>> short commute. You can easily bike from a home in Georgetown to an
>> office on K Street.
>
> Easily is a questionable way to describe it.  I ride to/from Bethesda now and then and the stretch from Georgetown into DC is
> perilous with vehicular traffic.  Not that this is unexpected, just that it's a far cry from "easy".

I have skated it many, many times, both on the main route, M St to Pennsylvania, and side streets and from the end of the
Capital Crescent Trail along the water and up through Foggy Bottom (a nice route).  And I got to skate Whitehurst Freeway one
time when it was closed.  Now that is the route out of Georgetown to take!

It's not too bad.  Well, skating fast around roundabouts in heavy traffic takes some experience.  But not bad.

My DC startup(s) were on Pennsylvania on the NW corner of Washington Circle.

Bethesda is a good run to downtown, so that's not the same as Georgetown to K Street.  You could easily walk the latter.