[FoRK] GOP Fratricide begins

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri Aug 31 21:55:03 PDT 2012

http://frontporchpolitics.com/2012/08/karl-rove-jokes-about-murdering-gop-candidate/
Written on August 31, 2012 at 5:47 pm by FPP
Karl Rove jokes about ‘murdering’ GOP candidate Todd Akin
Filed under 2012 Election, News, Politics {58 Comments}

Missouri Senate.JPEG-0ff9e

The office of Republican Rep. Todd Akin is reacting angrily to a quote attributed to GOP activist Karl Rove that joked about the
idea of the Missouri Senate candidate being murdered.

Bloomberg Businessweek’s website reported Friday that Rove’s comment came at a GOP donors’ breakfast at the Tampa Club in Florida.
The site says Rove quipped to the audience: “We should sink Todd Akin. If he’s found mysteriously murdered, don’t look for my
whereabouts!”

A Rove spokesman didn’t immediately return a call and email from The Associated Press seeking comment.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/akin-campaign-angered-by-reported-rove-quip-about-the-candidate-being-mysteriously-murdered/2012/08/31/cef8b296-f38b-11e1-b74c-84ed55e0300b_story.html