[FoRK] Pwnage, brought to you by DirectTV

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Sat Sep 8 12:38:32 PDT 2012

The premises distribution is in a wall box in our closet.  That's where the one-way splitter should be to filter any outgoing
traffic.  There could be another one at the distribution splitter: I.e., the ports on that / those should be unidirectional.

Anyway, you can't get free service that way.  You could amplify and wire the antenna signal to every dwelling in the city and it
wouldn't be illegal or make any difference.  You have to do a DRM decode in the "set top box" based on a particular smart card
key to recover anything useful.

At least we don't have GB's crazy TV / antenna tax.