[FoRK] Infinite unsubscribe?

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Sat Sep 8 13:02:04 PDT 2012

So, yet again I'm getting emailed notices from these bozos trying to sucker in people with domain names who are not savvy enough
to realize that they are getting snookered.  These companies send offers to renew or submit the domain to search engines or
whatever, usually for exorbitant fees.

So, down in the fine print they do have an unsubscribe URL:
http://smsmessager.com/url/

The problem with opt-out is that I have many domains and, for most of them, a nearly infinite number of email addresses.  Can
you think of any problem with using my 10Mb of uplink bandwidth to begin the process of unsubscribing all of those email addresses?

I bet my ability to pay for bandwidth will outpace their ability to pay for servers and storage.  At least until they add a
captcha. Rats, foiled by my own invention.

The beginning of the notice:
  Attention: Important Notice

DOMAIN SERVICE NOTICE

Complete and return by fax to: