[FoRK] Fwd: Sandia Lab Fires Up 300, 000 Virtual Android Devices To Test Out Security

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Tue Oct 2 21:32:32 PDT 2012

This might be more efficient.

http://bluestacks.com/bstks_mac.html

Built on 'complex “LayerCake” technology'!!

The power of open source...  Funny in that it basically gives Android
the cross-platform appeal that WebOS was going for.  And Microsoft
covets.  Good luck with that.

Unfortunately only a handful of apps are available for the
alpha-quality Mac version so far.  Apparently the Windows version has
many apps and all app stores but Play (which requires certification,
licensing, fees, etc.).

Fairly cool.  Even better if it supported development since it seems to
be a far better emulator than the VirtualBox based emulator that Google
provides.

On Tue Oct  2 18:43:14 2012, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:
> And then Megadroid became aware?

How is this trademark not already taken??

> I just updated my 8 core, 64GB machine to vmware workstation 9, I probably could run 128 of them on it.  In fact, I should try
> that and see what happens.

Just 8?  Seriously?  My 5 year old Mac Pro Desktop has 8 hyperthreaded
cores...

For once, I have a more powerful desktop at work (besides
supercomputers that is): 12 hyperthreaded cores, 64GB ECC RAM, 12TB
drives (well, I have 16TB internal at home...).

Compiling a complete Android distribution, with kernel and all apps,
with ccache enabled, takes 22 minutes.  In Ubuntu Linux in VMWare
Fusion on MacOSX 10.7.

> Greg

sdw