[FoRK] Any HP calculator geeks out there? (... wp-34s)

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Thu Oct 4 19:32:46 PDT 2012

At 14 or 15, I took a summer class at the Kent State University branch in Celina.  Somehow, I was paired up with a hot 16 year
old girl who was also taking that class who drove me every week.  We learned a little Basic on a PDP-11.

Shortly thereafter, I bought a Radio Shack PC2 with mowing money. I still have my Radio Shack PC2, although my eldest broke the
LCD at some point.  That's fixable.  The local store loaned me, as a teenager, their PC1 while I waited for the PC2 to be shipped.
Not long after that, I bought an Atari 400, cassette drive, Missile Command, and an assembler / editor cartridge.

I no longer have my 400, but I do have the 1200xl that I traded up to.