[FoRK] Mouse stem cells used to produce eggs, Japanese scientists say

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Thu Oct 4 19:43:53 PDT 2012

http://www.latimes.com/health/la-sci-stem-cells-infertility-20121005,0,5337238.story

Awesome!  This will be fun when we can do it with humans, especially easily.  Seems like it may be an easier way to clone too.

They're already talking about people selling incidental cells from Hollywood stars, etc. so you can have real designer babies.
And also that same-sex couples would be able to biologically reproduce.  Or heterosexual couples could reverse roles, zygote
speaking.

Let the gnashing begin.

At least we now know how to survive neutering radiation bursts.