[FoRK] Why Do So Many Republicans Really Hate Obama?

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at jarbox.org
Thu Oct 18 22:53:07 PDT 2012

On Oct 18, 2012, at 8:29 PM, Stephen Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
> If Obama wins, this probably be accepted widely.  If not, the victors will write a completely different story.
> But it rings true anyway.  Interesting if A) the Left Behind novels had this effect and B) if they were intended to.
> Has anyone read them at all?

The "Left Behind" novels were popular fiction with some fringe religious types during the run-up to Y2K; I knew people that read them. This is the first I've heard of them in years. Consequently, I doubt they are material to anything going on this election cycle. I have never read the books; were I to find myself with copious time to read schlock literature, I can't imagine spending it there.

I would be more entertained by the media if, instead of recycling the same trite caricatures, they invented fresh straw men for every election cycle. They should follow the lead of Fox News and MSNBC and invest in better television writers for the editorial content.