[FoRK] Crafty Germans: well-crafted economic incentives optimizes market for solar

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Oct 19 07:06:10 PDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 11:20:55PM -0400, Bill Kearney wrote:
> I'd like to put panels on our new house being built.  But it's a hassle
> trying to figure out which schemes are worth considering.

You can order houses with integrated PVs over here. Or
just ask the local contractor guys for a quote.

It takes about 20 years to bootstrap a solar market,
including competent architects or construction contractors.

Same thing for energy-efficienct housing, ever tried to
price a passive home or zero energy home in the US?

If you start now, you can enjoy this in 20 years.

Oh, wait, you probably can't

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/Looking-Back-on-the-Limits-of-Growth.html

It's too late. Sorry about that.