[FoRK] Crafty Germans: well-crafted economic incentives optimizes market for solar

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Fri Oct 19 07:41:11 PDT 2012

In the 80's, everyone in our neighborhood has Solar, but it was a cost
savings for pre-heating water into the water heater.  There was no
conversion into electricity and absolutely no backwards spinning meters,
which I think is the best part.

My favorite green technologies are:

1) Green crude, because it can be mass farmed, grown, and uses the same
exact refinery equipment and distribution as current petrofuels (which a
lot of people don't like as it still burns things).

2) Fuel cells, micro-turbines, and combined fuel-cell micro-turbines.
They produce clean energy at an efficiency well beyond both individually
and well beyond any current mass produced technology now and in the next
two decades.  The best part is, it can be decentralized.

The biggest barrier to clean energy was the 15 year regulatory
misinformation campaign by existing electricity produces that made the
cost of hooking up to the grid requiring $50k worth of parts and
unionized labor instead of the $50 worth of parts and shared grid safety
nets.

Greg