[FoRK] Why Do So Many Republicans Really Hate Obama?

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Sat Oct 20 16:56:08 PDT 2012

On 10/20/12 4:21 PM, Jeffrey Kay wrote:
> Um, yes --- Yelp. Search for Religious Organizations. Doesn't look like it's that well used based on the number of reviews.

Perhaps GlassDoor would be a better model.  PewBox, PewBook, ...

> --- jbk
>
> On Oct 20, 2012, at 4:03 PM, Bill Kearney <wkearney99 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a Yelp for religious institutions?  If not there oughta be one. It'd be great to see reviews of how a given parish/temple/whatever is handling their issues of the day.
>>
>> Me, I got sick of attending one particular venue due to their incessant bleating on about one particular topic (to the exclusion of many others worth covering).  I brought the issue up with the day-to-day staff and found sympathy from them on my perspective.  But it was an issue handled above their grade, so to speak.

Fear and sex sell, just like fear-mongering sub-optimal news media content.  They may be reluctant to change the channel while
the coffers are still getting filled in an above-average way.

Religion is a business where the customer is always wrong, and pays for the privilege of being told so.