[FoRK] The Post-Apocalypse Survival Machine Nerd Farm

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Mon Nov 12 09:47:03 PST 2012

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 11:57:32PM -0800, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
> Cross this with Burning Man, County Fairs, 4H, Boy Scouts, etc., and
> you could make a thing out of focused survival tech training / fairs
> / camping / parties.

These guys started this where I live: http://trackerspdx.com/
And then branched out to the Bay Area: https://www.trackersearth.com/

Advanced course: http://www.cavemanchemistry.com

As a former Boy Scout, I'd love to get involved in something that got kids
outside, away from their parents, getting competent at doing things.

Girl Scouts seems to do things well, maybe they need a Boys Auxiliary. :)