[FoRK] LED replacement for halogen bulbs: finally one thatworks (mostly)

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Mon Nov 12 14:34:52 PST 2012

> On 11/12/2012 8:56 AM, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:
>> Have you test driven it? Have you test driven an Audi S4? The S4 is
>> almost exactly the same price. ($47K vs $48 according to Edmunds.)
>>
>> There is a continuum, of course.
>>
>> I test drove a Nissan 370Z and was NOT impressed. Too noisy and rough.
>> Terrible visibility. Felt like a toy.
>

> I have had a G37 with the same engine for the better part of 2+ years
> now.  It's some really good bang for the buck.  S4 is beautiful (and
> beautiful sounding) and would be a good replacement, but I was looking
> for a step up, with something 400hp+.

My Mazda RX-8 is still one of the best values for a sports car. Cheap
(very cheap used), fast, impressive suspension, brakes, steering, center
of gravity, etc.  Not the best off the line with only 237hp, but between
being light, 9300rpm red line, and 150mph rating (artificially limited),
it is a pretty fun car for very little money.

And it has a little pre-electric car car-geek cred with the rotary engine.

But half of the interior is cheap (while the rest is nice leather), etc.