[FoRK] LED replacement for halogen bulbs: finally one thatworks (mostly)

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Mon Nov 12 15:16:53 PST 2012

On 11/12/12 3:03 PM, Bill Kearney wrote:
>> And it has a little pre-electric car car-geek cred with the rotary engine.
>
> And all the excessive replacement costs?  Batteries being the new rotors? That and all the fuel consumption of a V-8 without the
> torque.  While my hemi grand cherokee isn't exactly efficient, it's a whole bunch of fun when you mash the go-pedal.  Being
> there's a distinct lack of decent twisty roads around here, I'll trade utility over sporty.

Driving in a fairly sporty way, I get low to mid 20's mpg.  Not too bad.
Haven't had to replace anything but spark plugs and a battery so far and it is a 2004 model I bought in late 2003.  Oh, and tires
and brakes.  Lots of tires and brakes.  Actually, tires are lasting better now.  I believe that I had a rear end alignment problem
from the factory that didn't get fixed on the first several alignments (and sets of tires) but seems fine now.