[FoRK] Alan Kay Interview

Gary Stock gstock at nexcerpt.com
Fri Nov 16 10:27:12 PST 2012

I had a similar reaction:  professional team sports as practiced today
represent the clearest evidence that society is self-destructive -- and
that we will follow willingly to our demise.  Corporations score
differently, and hide competition under certain cloaks, but it's the
same impulse sucking the life out of everything they touch.

The analogy Kay is wishing for may be musical ensembles... but even some
of those get tainted by mindless notions of "competition."

GS