[FoRK] Reminder: ZSF launch event tomorrow! Please help spread the word if you can!

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Nov 16 13:03:27 PST 2012

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 12:50:48PM -0800, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:
> I'm going to have to pop out.

Ok; it looks more like a cop out to me, but whatever floats your boat.

> It's not what you buy with bitcoins, but what underlies the market where
> you can buy them.  Further, what supports the value.

If you're morally consistent, then you should immediately stop supporting
the most criminal currency of the largest rogue notion of the
world, the USD.

And, no, I'm not joking here, at all.

> Accredited means insured and underwritten by some responsible market.

Insured, underwritten, responsible? Somebody tell me where I can
get these. It sounds like you're suffering under a major case of
the Stockholm syndrome.

> I'm quite familiar with the concept of Rees-Mogg's Sovereign Individual,
> so...
>
> I have no desire to discuss the identity of criminal activity wrt
> bitcoins on a public forum, so you're on your own.

That sounds like a yet another cop out to me, but, yeah, sure.