[FoRK] Nassim Nicholas Taleb: The future will not be cool

Reza B'Far (Oracle) reza.bfar at oracle.com
Mon Dec 3 09:49:17 PST 2012

Wow.  Is she for reals?  This statement is really whacked:

Consider the futuristic projections made throughout the past century and a
half, as expressed in literary novels such as those by Jules Verne, H. G.
Wells or George Orwell, or in now forgotten narratives of the future produced
by scientists or futurists.

Uhhhhh.... Jules Verne, the same guy that predicted CORRECTLY a pretty
accurate depiction of a modern submarine?

This is not a very bright or well-rounded author.  Sounds like someone
in their 20's who thinks they have it all figured out.... what a
horrible and short-sided article.
*
*