[FoRK] Recommendations for a reliable subscription-based SSL VPN or proxy service for "secure, portable, virtual" office?

Ben (B.K.) DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com
Wed Dec 26 11:19:23 PST 2012

Yes, my brother tried that one with me. ;) I had that for almost a
decade in the last 90s/early aughts. I wish I had the time or
inclination to monitor or maintain my own service. I just don't have
the skill or cycles that many of you do on that front. Now...if any of
you are hosting on the side (my brother stopped as it got to much to
host close friends and family- he came to resent the tech support
required) I'd consider that route.

But I prefer to have a service where the backend is managed quite well
but I can be a power-user at the front-end with reasonable
expectations for support that cover my technical limitations and make
up for the time in which I don't have to research.

Does that make sense? It's easier for me to buy a dishwasher now then
to wash the dishes by hand so I can have that time to read an extra
story or two to my kids at night. ;)