[FoRK] Recommendations for a reliable subscription-based SSL VPN or proxy service for "secure, portable, virtual" office?

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 17:46:51 PST 2012

I am not sure if this is a good fit for you ...a few friends and
myself have been messing with near zero cost, platform agnostic  and
"subtle" tech (ie for my friends who are not inclined to spend hours
going down tech rabbit holes with glee) solution for group
sharing....not really a dark net...maybe a dim net?? Anywho...we have
been using Tonido (http://www.tonido.com)  to hit the sweet spot of
use and ease. I am not sure it would do all you want/need....I am
pretty sure it does ssl by default.

As Tonido has not been ported over to the RPI I am working on other
solutions...if I ever get it done it will be a RPI based box you can
hang off your homenet, add some storage/links to storage, configure
easy access/psswds thru a web page..and forget it exists expect if you
are so inclined to want more neat devices to SSH into ...or it fails
(idealy the solution for all ills  will be the same, unplug it, replug
it...wait for the magic elves to wake up...)

Hope that helps somewhat.

-tom