[FoRK] Recommendations for a reliable subscription-based SSL VPN or proxy service for "secure, portable, virtual" office?

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 13:36:15 PST 2012

I have not tried this solution yet, so beware there may be dragons
thar.....but seeing as I also might need this solution in the near
future I poked the intertubes and came up with Xming.....
http://www.straightrunning.com/XmingNotes/  In the past I have done
such things with less tools and more grunt, Xming looks like it
smooths out some of the step.   I will be giving it a whirl at home
for possible inclusion on the USB Stick Swiss Army Thing I am working
up as I enter the wide world of computers I have not handcrafted. Hope
this helps some.