[FoRK] Recommendations for a reliable subscription-based SSL VPN or proxy service for "secure, portable, virtual" office?

Ben (B.K.) DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com
Sat Dec 29 14:48:09 PST 2012

As in run a portable instance out of the truecrypt drive like a VM? Or
running on the other end of some sort of SSH tunnel? Keep in mind I
ideally don't want to buy any sort of Dreamhost setup. All I was
really looking for was a Hosted VPN that I could subscribe/purchase
access to and only redirect traffic for apps coming out of my virtual
drive...or perhaps the whole machine for starters until I figure this
out.

I'm surprised out of all the people on the list who have sold
companies or products to Google or Amazon or other big social
media/dotcom companies that no one has honestly thought about a
cloud-based solution utilizing some sort of PaaS or VDI setup. Of
course, I'm not setting up an enterprise solution but Google must have
thought about the phenomenal possibilities about utilizing the Google
Drive / Apps space for such an offering.

--
Ben DeLong (K3GRN)
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.8471

https://www.linkedin.com/in/bkdelong    CV

GPG Key Fingerprint: 5EEF0ABDACDD937AD08F4AF0E42DFD9081DE7CB