[FoRK] Bizarre Internet / Google problems, Dolphin

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Jan 2 10:58:12 PST 2013

On Wed Jan  2 10:42:09 2013, Lorin Rivers wrote:
> Fwiw, I was having intermittent connectivity issues yesterday.

Often, things break on weekends and holidays and don't get fixed until
the next business day.  The on-call personnel, if they exist at all,
are often ill equipped or motivated to fix anything serious.  Commodity
markets are bad that way, unless people make an issue of it.

> WiMAX is commonly heavily oversubscribed to make the business model work, so it could be that.

I am in an area of NE Sunnyvale that seems to be in range of many WiMax
towers.  My power is 5x5.  Couldn't be any stronger signal.  The
problem is past the radios.
On their coverage map, I count around 10 towers within 1-2 miles, with
one practically on top of our home.

Stephen