[FoRK] suburban solar

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Thu Jan 3 14:18:25 PST 2013

Our new place has a 2.1kw solar panel integrated into the
roof/building.  Other significant power is natural gas.  All of the
wiring etc. is hidden.  Kind of fun to watch the meter spin backward at
a pretty good clip.  There is a minimum service charge of <$5/mo.
although we'll probably use a bit more than the solar budget.

Seems like we have room for at least 2-4 more units, although there
doesn't seem to be much point, at least not until we can buy used
evehicle battery storage units.

sdw