[FoRK] Wire new house for CAT6?

Ken Meltsner meltsner at alum.mit.edu
Thu Feb 21 09:22:45 PST 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Joseph S. Barrera III <j3 at barrera.org>wrote:

> This topic came up on some other list recently and one recommendation was
> to run conduit so you can replace the cabling as time goes on.

Probably the best idea, along with the "strings" to add in pulling more
wires through.

Still costs more than actual cabling -- the cheapest I could find was
around $0.20/foot, not counting the various connectors and the labor for
installation (higher than cable, I suspect, because pieces have to be bent,
cut to exact lengths, etc.).  Flexible conduit, metallic or non-metallic,
ups the price by a minimum of 100%.

 Ken Meltsner