[FoRK] what tech will your kids never use?

Joseph S. Barrera III j3 at barrera.org
Fri Feb 22 15:56:10 PST 2013

Fax machines. Or at least one can hope. I truly do hate fax machines.

Typewriters, of course.

Answering machines.

Carburetor cleaner :-)

Sewing machines? When I was a kid, every mom had a sewing machine.

Ignition keys that are just dumb pieces of metal with notches.

- Joe

On 2/22/2013 7:18 AM, Bill Kearney wrote:
> So, a friend of mine and I have had a bit of a back-forth contest over
> the years.  Based on the question of what tech that we grew up won't
> likely be used by our kids?
>
> Yes, there's always going to be a contingent of old-school
> practitioners, so let's not get into a debate over the merits of film,
> vinyl and the like.
>
> Add a few each and let's see how many come to mind:
>
> Phones with handset cords
> Film cameras
> Vinyl records (one friend's kid remarked "look, black CD's!" when
> first coming across 45's at a flea market.)

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x