[FoRK] Pelican Imaging

Joseph S. Barrera III j3 at barrera.org
Sun Feb 24 18:51:41 PST 2013

On 2/24/2013 3:14 PM, Russell Turpin wrote:

 > BTW, the neat thing is to use the extra pixels for zoom, when not
 > using them to capture more information from a broader field. The Nokia
 > 808 does that, though its base behavior is oversampling rather than
 > multiple planes of focus. Nonetheless, it's really nice to have a
 > cellphone camera with an effective 3x zoom.

On the other hand, my point-and-shoot (Canon SX260) has 20x zoom. And I
will keep dragging around a compact super-zoom until my cell phone can
do the same. That's why I balked at putting compact point & shoots on
the kill list. ON THE OTHER HAND, I do see that the rest of the world
uses their tragically under-performing cell phone cameras for ALL their
pictures. It's so sad.

- Joe
--
Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x