[FoRK] Pelican Imaging

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Sun Feb 24 21:03:06 PST 2013

On 2/24/13 8:14 PM, Russell Turpin wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM, Joseph S. Barrera III <j3 at barrera.org> wrote:
>> That's why I balked at putting compact point & shoots on the kill list. ...
> They're dying on the vine.

They were because they weren't connected.  But adding Android is hot for solving that.

http://mashable.com/2012/11/28/samsung-galaxy-camera-review/

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/01/08/ces-2013-hands-on-with-polaroids-android-camera-with-swappable-lenses-the-im1836/

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/microsoft-nikon-ink-licensing-deal-for-android-based-cameras-1133276

http://mashable.com/2013/01/07/polaroid-android-camera/

People need at least two kinds of cameras.  I need three or four types with a good set of lenses, flash units, etc.